View Vacancy -- Regeneration Communications Manager
Haringey has all the ingredients that make London one of the world’s great cities: diverse communities; exceptional education; a rich cultural offer; vibrant neighbourhoods; award-winning parks, and great transport links. With major national, regional and local investment bringing an abundance of new opportunities to our residents, and an ambitious commitment to new homes and better neighbourhoods, there’s never been a more exciting time to be a part of the borough. From schools and children’s services to street cleaning, and from libraries to adult social care, we deliver a huge range of services to more than 250,000 local residents and businesses. We’re looking for a talented and successful communications professional to champion the borough, engage with our residents and stakeholders and help Haringey’s story reach a wider audience.
As the Regeneration Communications Manager, you will play a key role in enhancing the reputation of the council and the borough; showcasing Haringey as a great place to live, work and invest. You will be responsible for the strategic communications that supports the promotion and successful delivery across the council’s regeneration programmes and ensure that residents, stakeholders, staff and current or potential investors are effectively communicated to, consulted, engaged and motivated.
You will have political nous, a keen eye for news and the confidence to tell our story to a wide range of partners, stakeholders and media outlets. With a background in journalism, PR or public affairs, you will have excellent copywriting, editing, campaigning and communication skills.
This is a fixed term post for one year, covering a period of maternity leave.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of developing and implementing communication campaigns, across a range of media to change perceptions, behaviours or to improve reputation.
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior staff and/or elected politicians to secure buy-in and support for communications activity.
- Strong expertise in some or all of the following: branding, marketing, stakeholder engagement, digital, creative production and design.
- Experience of managing staff and/or external agencies to achieve successful outcomes and value for money.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects to deadline with an innovative and independent approach.
- Political sensitivity and the ability to form productive, professional working relationships with councillors, staff and partners at all levels.
- Knowledge of best practice on communications, using a mix of channels to support successful outcomes.
- Ability to find solutions to complex internal and external communications challenges. Results orientated with a track record of success.
- A self starter with the strong confidence to take ownership and responsibility for work and outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and in writing, including presentation skills in formal and informal settings.
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills and a high level of creativity.
- An understanding of and commitment to the council’s vision and values.
An understanding of how local government works and current issues and challenges facing it.
Experience of working on similar regeneration or housing projects in a similar capacity .
This opportunity is closed to applications.