View Vacancy -- Principal Employment and Skills Officer
About the role
Haringey is a diverse, vibrant and exciting place to live and work with much to offer those who make it their home. As with any other borough, also has its challenges, not least the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which has negatively impacted employment and income for our residents – with evidence suggesting Young people, Women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, the Self-employed and people with disabilities will have experienced a greater degree of adversity in relation to the labour market since the inception of the pandemic.
The Principal Employment and Skills Officer is a newly created and exciting role that will help deliver on the Council’s Employment and Skills Agenda. The post-holder will help:
- Build a co-ordinated response to Labour Market Challenges from Covid 19 and maximise the benefits for residents from any external funding opportunities
- Support the delivery of the Council’s Employment and Skills Recovery Action Plan and any other related plans
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic, and engaging individual:
- With demonstrable Knowledge and understanding of employment and skills issues, and legislative and policy framework. This will be at the local level (Haringey), regional level (Central London Forward sub-region and London-wide level) and national UK level.
- With a strong ability to gather and research information from a broad range of sources, to interpret complex and technical information and to analyse data to inform policy.
- That is resilient and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If the above excites you, and you share our ambition to deliver on the Council’s Employment and Skills Agenda, please press apply.
Closing Date: Monday 9th November 2020
This opportunity is closed to applications.