View Vacancy -- Connected Communities - Support Worker
Are you looking for a new, exciting and rewarding opportunity that enables you to work collaborative with others to truly make a difference?
If so, we have a number of exciting openings within our Connected Communities Programme. At its heart, Connected Communities is an early intervention and prevention service that works with people to identify and resolve the root causes of their problems with the aim of preventing escalation of the problem. The purpose of the offer is to support early resolution and problem-solving to help people to become more self-sufficient and resilient.
You will form part of a multi- disciplinary team working across a number of community locations including Libraries, GP practices, community and children’s centres. Providing a non-threshold service, you will support people of all ages with a wide range of problems and outcomes which include;
- Supporting people to address debt and stopping financial problems escalating
- Supporting people to secure a home or keep them in their homes
- Supporting people to find voluntary, paid work or educational opportunities
- Supporting people to feel more independent and connected, and less lonely by connecting people to resources
- Supporting people to be able to look after children, keeping them safe, well and in school
- Supporting people to get on-line and improve digital skills or through assisted support help them through the process
As a support worker within a multi-disciplinary team you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build trust with people of all ages. You will have extensive knowledge in your specialist area and be able to provide advice, guidance and support people to identify solutions and techniques to help address their needs, make connections and meet their own outcomes.
You will act as advocate and liaise with partner agencies to provide holistic and joined up services. Having an extensive understanding of borough wide services, you will support people to build their own networks. You will work flexibility with the needs of the individual by providing one-off support or case management when there is a need for short term interventions.
Working across a number of community settings you will be adaptable, flexible and able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider multi agency team.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th August 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.