View Vacancy -- Apprentice Parks Project Officer
About the role
Haringey are looking for an apprentice to join the Park Development Team. In doing so, you will be supporting the Park Development Officers in tasks related to the development and delivery of improvements in parks.
The role will provide an introduction to project support, project planning, communication and engagement with the public.
The successful candidate will be involved in learning all the necessary skills in order to fulfil the role of Project Support Officer or Project Development Officer and whilst studying at a local college.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of plans and projects
- Learn how to use project management processes and tools
- Organise project meetings
- Liaise and communicate with customers and
- Assist in the researching and preparation of reports
- You will have GCSEs in English and Maths (grade A - C or 9 – 4 or equivalent).
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
- IT literate, have a good knowledge of MS Office i.e. Word, Excel,
- Adaptable & organised and able to prioritise
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach where you will be required to build good relationships not only within your team, but also across all areas of the organisation.
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey or attended a school / further education institution within Haringey.
- Be aged 16 and over (applications are strongly encouraged from 16- 24 year olds).
- If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Employment & Skills Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP via email > HEST@haringey.gov.uk or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
Closing Date: 31st August 2019
Hours: 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Contract: Temporary up to 18 months or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
You will be required to attend job training in Business Administration, level 3 for 1 day per week at a local college.
There will be a mixture of office based and on site working, therefore you will be required to travel around the borough using any transport method i.e. bus or bike, there is no requirement to have a driving licence or car.
This opportunity is closed to applications.