View Vacancy -- Brokerage Payments Officer
To support the Brokerage Payments Manager make timely Payments, maintaining financial controls whilst promoting acceptable standards of service.
To ensure that activities are designed to progress Brokerage, reflect best practice and strive for continuous improvement of the service.
Work as a member of the Brokerage Payments Team taking responsibilities for complex transactions, projects and queries.
To assist the Brokerage Payments Manager to regularly monitor expenditure against budget in accordance with prescribed processes and timetables to help provide a robust challenge to managers where necessary.
Accurate processing of client and supplier related transactions using Councils IT systems (SAP and Mosaic).
Setting up and maintaining schedules and one off payments.Providing advice and support to workers and managers in relation to provider and customer financial queries and IT systems (SAP and Mosaic).
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to maintain effective and efficient financial digital and administration systems ensuring that office procedures are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise, be flexible and arrange workloads to set targets.
- Ability to write letters, memos and brief reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with members of the public, staff and external agencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interrogate, interpret and add data on systems such as SAP and Mosaic (or experience of other finance and customer records database systems) at an advanced level.
- Excellent Excel skills; including the ability to sort, filter and use simple formulae.
- Ability to use computer packages such as the electronic mail system, databases and word processing packages.
- Ability to maintain numerical information accurately, perform calculations and prepare unit costings.
This opportunity is closed to applications.