View Vacancy -- Coach Escort
About the Role
Part time Coach Escorts are required for our Passenger Transport Service to accompany vulnerable children, young people & adults with special needs, behavioural needs, disabilities, including Wheel Chair users, complex needs which includes physically challenging, to and from schools/centres.
- To be responsible for escorting children, young people and adults with special educational needs to and from home and school/centre and other destination on vehicle provided by the Passenger Transport Services.
- To ensure the safety and well being of passengers with special needs during their journey from home to school/colleges/centres at the beginning of the day and return at the end of the day provided by Passenger Transport Services.
The minimum hours of work are 17.5 hours per week (Term Time Only) between 07:00am to 09:30am and 2:30pm to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. However these hours may vary depending on allocated routes.
A retainer will be paid during half terms and school holidays however you may be required to work within these periods and this will be reflected in the salary.
We are looking for people who are calm, sympathetic, patient, caring, flexible and are aware of the need for safety. Successful candidates will be required to look after groups of children, young people and adults of various ages, without direct supervision, and be able to communicate professionally with parent/carers and school/centre staff both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience is not essential but useful. Full and ongoing training will be given to assist in developing knowledge and ability to carry out all duties effectively.
- Candidates are expected to travel within the Borough of Haringey and outside of the Borough as and when required.
- Candidates must be flexible and ready to adapt to the ever changing environment and requirement for the service operation.
Closing Date: 4th March 2019 at 12pm