View Vacancy -- Team Manager - Disabled Children's Team
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus.
Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Team:
The Children with Disabilities Team DCT is a fast-paced busy service, the team provides a service to Children Looked After, CIN, PC and cases in court. The team is culturally mixed, enthusiastic and experienced, with a passion to safeguard children.
The Council is inviting applications from experienced Team managers or Senior Social Workers with extensive relevant experience who want to work within the Children with Disabilities Team.
Your skills and experience of children in need, children in need of protection including children looked after, combined with your knowledge of legislation and experience of managing a CWD team will make you an ideal candidate for this post.
You will work within a management team to lead a period of change and improvement as we work to improve outcomes for children and their families.
Your progressive, ‘can do’ attitude and commitment to positive outcomes for children will enable you to motivate your team, and encourage them to build strong relationships with children, young people and their families – delivering an excellent service for the children of Haringey Council.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- At least 4 years post qualifying experience in a children’s services statutory setting
- A commitment and passion to develop and improve services for children with disabilities
- Exceptional management and leadership skills
- Experience of supervising qualified / qualifying social workers
- An excellent understanding and experience of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of working within a multi-agency context
- A commitment to anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice
For a full overview of the job responsibilities and Person Specification please see attached job description.
For the successful appointed candidate, they will have access to a wide range of financial and non-financial benefits such as employee discounts, recruitment and retention payment, access to local government pension.
For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit our website:
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th March 2020
- Experience of chairing and minuting multi-agency meetings.
- Experience of and involvement in the CAF processes and an understanding as to how this process relates to Disabled Children.
- Ability to implement HR and other Council procedures.
This opportunity is closed to applications.