View Vacancy -- Portage Visitor (Home Visitor for Pre-School Children with SEND)
Job Title: Portage Visitor (Home Visitor for Pre-School Children with SEND)
Grade: SO1 (£29,766 - £30,711 pro rata)
Employer: Haringey Council
Contract Type: Permanent appointment
Days per week: 0.8 fte (term time only will be considered)
Closing date: 12:00 pm on Monday 23rd September 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 1st October 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join our newly established, successful and supportive Portage team. The postholder will provide a specialist, individually tailored package of assessment, monitoring and intervention for pre-school children with additional needs. The role will be varied including home visiting, providing transition support, supporting parents to understand SEN systems and running a Stay and Play group for children with additional needs.
We are looking for a team member with a professional qualification relating to the development / education of Pre-School children and experience of working with children who have additional needs. Portage Training will be provided.
Applicants should be aware that the post involves travelling across Haringey, with an office base in Wood Green.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Contact Ellika McAuley, Portage Team Manager on 0208 489 1408 or email@example.com if you would like further details.
- Level 3 qualification relating to child development
- Successful completion or willingness to attend a National Portage Association approved Portage Workshop
- Completion or willingness to complete the Portage Home Visitor Induction materials whilst working in a Portage Registered service
- A minimum of 6 months experience of working in a Registered Portage Service
- Experience of working with young children and their families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to converse, chair and minute TAC/TAF meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory requirements and government guidance
- Knowledge of local and regional services and how to contact them