View Vacancy -- Principal Accountant - Financial Planning (HRA)
About the role
Providing a comprehensive financial planning service that supports the achievement of Haringey Council’s priorities for housing delivery, you will be integral to the success of a range of new housing projects within Haringey. You will monitor, evaluate and ensure accountability and value for money in the delivery of the Council’s five-year capital programme.
You will take lead responsibility for maintaining the HRA Business Plan and forecasting the impacts on it of investment in existing stock, new supply and other new housing initiatives as they arise.
It’s about providing high quality financial analysis to support informed decision making and financial planning.
- Bring considerable experience of financial planning processes in housing finance, including advising senior managers on financial awareness & capital budget management.
- Understand forecasting methodologies, appraisal techniques and help to drive continuous improvement.
- Be skilled in communication, financial analysis and reporting, you’ll have the ability to convey financial information to finance and non-finance professionals at the highest level.
- Embody the Haringey attitudes, conscientious, bold and be ready to push against the ordinary.
Closing date: 30th September 2019
- Experience of budgeting processes
- A proactive approach to problem solving
This position requires the postholder to undergo a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Please note that this appointment will be offered on an 18 month fixed term contract basis.