View Vacancy -- Health and Safety Adviser
Haringey Council are looking for a Health and Safety Adviser to join our Corporate Health and Safety Team. This Council is a fast-paced, changing organisation, which is continuously adapting to meet the challenges faced due to current financial pressures whilst offering fantastic services to our residents.
Our ideal candidate needs to be an energetic, self-sufficient individual with a can-do attitude who is enthusiastic about Health and Safety, putting their mark in supporting management and employees to ensure health and safety compliance and continual improvement.
- You would need to be qualified at NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent and hold IOSH Graduate membership or equivalent.
- Experience in implementing Health and Safety in a way to ensure compliance and support improvements in the efficiency and productivity of a workforce is important.
- The environment is complex and presents unique challenges, so we are looking for a highly motivated person to continue building our health and safety foundations.
The role has a responsibility to ensure the Council can be confident in its Health and Safety performance including updating, developing and implementing all the Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- You will also need to have experience of carrying out internal audits and inspections.
- It will be an advantage to have experience liaising with schools, including reviewing school trips.
A confident approach with great communications skills, from writing reports about complex issues to delivering internal health and safety training, you will be proactive and keen to take the Council to the next level within a work environment that offers variety and responsibility across a broad range of services. The work is physically active and requires a flexible approach when adjusting work priorities.
In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we can offer a varied and interesting workload.
We also have an attractive benefits package including flexible working, training and development, staff benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and a career average pension scheme (LPGS).
Closing Date: Sunday 28th July 2019
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent qualification) and GradIOSH (or equivalent professional membership) member.
- Education and Training Award or equivalent with experience of developing and deliverying health and safety training.
This opportunity is closed to applications.