View Vacancy -- Family Social Worker Assistant (HART Team)
Early application is encouraged, as due to the high volumes of applications that we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Service
Hart provides a bespoke intervention in conjunction with foster carers to children/young people help the transition of children moving from residential care to living with foster carers.
You will be part of a specialist team working as part of the internal resource to assist the delivery of direct work with young people and their families. You will deliver solution focus intervention to support children and young people making the transition from residential care to living with foster carers. You will also support the teams to deliver a high-quality social work service to children and families working in partnership with other statutory and third sector organisations and participate in team and other service meetings and activities as appropriate.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To deliver a high-quality service to children and families in need and in need of safeguarding aimed at ensuring best outcomes for children and Young People.
- To assist with assessment of children’s needs and to help complete assessment within timescale.
- To regularly formulate, update and implement children/ Young People’s care plans in conjunction with the supervising manager
- To undertake direct work children, young people and families, to gain understanding of their emotional world, as part of transitioning from residential care to living with foster carers.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers in order to ensure contact is maintained, where appropriate, and that they are kept regularly updated on their child’s progress.
- To supervise contact between parents and their children and record these contact sessions in a timely, accurate and literate manner on the prescribed format.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
- Experience of contributing to assessments of need and undertaking direct work with children and young people.
For a full overview of the job responsibilities and Person Specification please see attached job description.
For the successful appointed candidate, they will have access to a wide range of financial and non-financial benefits such as employee discounts, recruitment and retention payment; access to local government pension.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Colette Elliott-Cooper – Head of Service.: Colette.Elliott-Cooper@haringey.gov.uk or by telephone 0208 489 9465.
For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit our website:
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Please refer to attached Job Description.
Please refer to attached Job Description.
This opportunity is closed to applications.