View Vacancy -- Project Manager
About the role
Haringey is a place of great opportunity for all, with enormous potential for growth - a growing economy, more and better housing, flourishing communities and outstanding schools. We are part of one of the world’s greatest cities – but more than this we believe that with our potential for growth, we are the future of London.
As part of this development and growth, the Project Delivery Team is leading an ambitious capital works programme of circa £1 billion to deliver on a wide range of projects from school enhancement works, construction and restoration of civic buildings to the regeneration of Tottenham and Wood Green.
The Project Delivery Team is seeking a dynamic, highly capable individual with strong track record of successful project delivery and who is able to build and maintain excellent relationships to join a fast paced, focussed and dedicated team of professionals working together to deliver a varied capital works portfolio.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager and dependent on experience, you will be responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling low to medium value and/or medium complexity capital projects up to £1.5million (predominantly construction related) from inception to completion. You will assume a dynamic, proactive role leading the project team to deliver high quality and value for money projects using effective project management techniques.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019 at 17:00
- Educated to degree level in a construction or project management related field (or relevant experience).
- Project management related qualification is desirable such as Prince2 Foundation or Association of Project Managers Foundation certification (Practitioner preferred) or demonstrable career development activities
- Construction related qualification
- Experience of working with nurseries, schools, governors, head teachers and other stakeholders in the education sector.
- Experience of working in an inner city environment with diverse ethnic communities.
- Knowledge of Local Government and public sector with a good understanding of associated issues within the public sector.
- Good knowledge and understanding of construction related consultant and contractor procurement methods.
- Good knowledge and understanding of procurement within the public sector.
This opportunity is closed to applications.