View Vacancy -- Deputy Manager of Children's Centre & Childcare Services
Job Title: Deputy Manager of Children’s Centre and Childcare service
Closing Date: Thursday 31st January 2019
About the role
Our Children’s Centres are embarking on a new exciting phase of development and this will be a great opportunity for you to play a key role in delivering a vision of excellence.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Manager to work across the three Local Authority Children’s Centres, which include Childcare provisions. This person will be an integral part of the strategic senior management team working closely with the Executive Heads to drive forward the vision for Childcare and Children’s Centre services.
- You will be an inspirational leader and an exemplary practitioner who can motivate and challenge staff to provide “Outstanding” childcare practice for families in diverse communities.
- You will play a key role in supporting vulnerable families and liaising with the Children’s Centre service staff to provide the best possible outcomes.
- Must hold a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development or hold an equivalent qualification.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience of leading and coordinating a Nursery team.
- Have some knowledge of Children Centre services and be willing to further enhance your knowledge in this area.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the EYFS, Ofsted requirements, including current initiatives.
- Have experience of SEND and supporting staff to develop targeted support in an inclusive environment, including working with multiagency professionals.You will be an advocate of working with families, bringing new ideas to strengthen relationships and partnership working.
- To understand the importance of role modelling and mentoring within the team, you will lead and enhance the skills of others to develop their own practice in this area.
- To be organised, enthusiastic, flexible and inspirational for the team you lead with lots of energy.
- To be able to prioritise your workload and work to deadlines, in a fast paced demanding role.
- To be able to monitor and evaluate staff practice, provision and services, and identify areas for development, having a solution focussed, can do attitude.
- To have excellent skills in building effective teams, using your initiative, be forward thinking and an exemplary role model.
- Have a strong commitment to the welfare of all children.
- Have a high level of competency in literacy skills and ICT skills.