View Vacancy -- Parks Project Officer
In August 2019 Finsbury Park will be 150 years old. To mark this milestone the council is looking to make a number of investments in the park and ensure there is a full programme events to celebrate this key anniversary. So, if you are looking for a high profile challenge then this may just be the role for you.
Working closely with the Parks Development Manager and working as part of a team of officers, you’ll assist in the development of plans and projects to improve the park for all residents and visitors.
The post will deliver high quality, high profile, projects that contribute to ensuring the quality, inclusivity and sustainability of our parks and green spaces. The role will assist in the delivery of investment projects from inception through to completion, managing external landscape designers, contractors and volunteers. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team and contribute to our commitment to deliver for the people of Haringey by delivering value for money services by getting it right first time.
- Hold relevant qualifications or equivalent and have proven experience in effective project management delivering improvements to parks and open spaces.
- Bring a thorough, working knowledge of green space policies, plans and issues in an urban environment and an understanding of good procurement and contract management practice relating to green space development and improvements.
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills with experience in contract monitoring and management, dealing with contractors and sound technical knowledge of the range of services delivered by Parks.
- Have a successful track record of securing external funding from a variety of sources.
- Have experience of budget and financial management and a proven track record of delivering services within financial perimeters.
Closing Date: Friday 17th May 2019
- 3 years experience in a Parks Development role
- Stakeholder engagement & communications, able to establish positive working relationships
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Report writing
- Commercial awareness, knowledge of funding streams for parks
- Negotiation & influencing
- Budget control & reporting, ensuring costs are contained within available budgets
- Ensuring schemes are completed ain line with agreed deadlines
- Commited to equalities & diversity, putting the public at the heart of what we do
- Understanding of political sensitivities
This opportunity is closed to applications.