View Vacancy -- Management Accountant - Priority 5 (Housing)
About the role
Providing first class support and advice to budget holders, you will be integral to the success of a range of projects within Haringey Council and Homes for Haringey. You will provide a fully comprehensive directorate budget monitoring and forecasting service whilst also identifying savings and helping services implement them will be a key aspect of the role.
You will support managers to identify & implement savings, value for money improvements and pro actively act against budget overspend. You will also undertake forecasting and budget setting .
It’s about providing high quality financial analysis to support informed decision making and budget planning.
- Bring considerable experience of working in finance, including advising senior managers on financial awareness & budget management.
- Understand best practice and help to drive continuous improvement.
- Be skilled in communication and analysis you’ll have the ability to convey financial information to finance and non-finance professionals at the highest level.
- Embody the Haringey attitudes, conscientious, bold, optimistic and ready to push against the ordinary.
Please note that this appointment will be offered on a 18 month fixed term contract basis.
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An standard disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st May 2019
- Part-qualified CCAB accountant or degree in finance and/or accounting
- AAT qualified
- A management qualification at certificate level or above
- Knowledge of accounting for a DLO/DSO, Internal Trading Organisation
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
This opportunity is closed to applications.