View Vacancy -- Energy Manager
About the role
The role of the Energy Manager is a key position in Haringey Council to lead the development and implementation of the Council’s Energy Strategy. Responsible for the delivery of a professional service and ensuring the Council receives value for money from energy and water suppliers, the 3 key areas of work will be:
- Ensuring that efficient systems are in place to monitor and validate energy consumption and manage payments.
- Manage the development and delivery of the Council’s energy efficiency programmes and emerging Zero Carbon Council Strategy.
- Ensure that the Council complies with legislative and reporting requirements for energy consumption and carbon emissions across the Council’s operations.
Haringey Council seeks an experienced and knowledgeable energy expert and leader. With an eye for detail and previous experience in this sector. You will be able to ensure that the Council works with suppliers to get accurate cost and consumption data/payment practice is efficient.
You will be a strong communicator who can engage with all levels of the organisation to create the buy-in to deliver energy efficiency projects that deliver financial and carbon savings.
You will also have a track record of delivering successful energy efficiency, carbon reduction and financial savings strategies and programmes and require good project management experience. With a willingness to learn more, you will build on your detailed understanding of sustainability technologies, issues, and techniques. Ensuring that Haringey Council continues to lead the carbon reduction process in the Borough.
Finally, you will have enthusiasm, passion and resilience to be successful. A strong team player so that collectively we can deliver a greener and more efficient Council and Borough.
Closing Date: 3rd June 2019
- Educated to degree level in energy management, a related discipline, or similar skills and qualifications gained through life experiences.
- Qualified in, or working towards a relevant industry qualifications that are related to this post. These can be either in the Energy Sector or Management of staff.
This opportunity is closed to applications.