View Vacancy -- Sufficiency Officer
About the role
The Sufficiency Officer will support the Childcare Sufficiency Manager to meet the council’s statutory duties of the Childcare Acts 2006 and 2016. The role will provide business support to new and existing childcare providers to support them with all elements of financial sustainability and sustainable childcare, whilst ensuring that the appropriate practice guidance on Early Years Foundation Stage and Ofsted Standards are adhered to.
Additionally, the Sufficiency Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment and follow up actions arising from the assessment. The role will also manage the tracking of childcare places, supply, demand and vacancies across all childcare providers.
- You will have sound knowledge and experience in providing business support in the childcare sector along with a full understanding of statutory guidance related to childcare.
- You will have strong financial modelling and childcare development skills and be able to review and analyse financial information.
- You will be able to organise your work to priorities and meet deadlines in a busy environment. You will have strong communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work independently you will be supporting the Childcare Sufficiency Manager and other team members by presenting data and liaising with both internal and external partners.
Closing date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Educated at GCSE level with proven good literacy and numeracy
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years/Early Education
This opportunity is closed to applications.