View Vacancy -- Principal Planning Officer
Principal Planning Officer (Major Applications)
Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth – in housing and jobs – and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth. That growth will be focussed in our priority regeneration areas; Tottenham and Wood Green.
Haringey is a diverse borough of 29 conservation areas, numerous Listed Buildings, and is home to London’s largest Housing Zone. We have embarked on an ambitious regeneration programme with plans for 17,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs, and the potential for new train and tube connections to central London and beyond.
The planning team is based in Wood Green – opposite the Piccadilly Line tube station. Our friendly, talented officers are drawn from across the globe and were Highly Commended at the 2018 Planning Awards. We benefit from a positive, flexible working environment that embraces a range of progressive working practices, including flexible and home-working.
Due to our pipeline of large, major residential and mixed use schemes we are looking to strengthen our Strategic Applications Team. If you have experience of major planning applications in an urban context and are ready to lead on a range of high-profile schemes, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: Thursdsay 6th June 2019
- Degree or recognised post graduate qualification in planning, urban design, conservation practice, regeneration or a related discipline and substantial relevant experience in one of the specialist areas of this service or in a related professional discipline
- Eligibility for membership of RTPI or other relevant professional body
- Good numerical and IT skills, including experience in the application of planning related and geographical information systems (GIS) and Microsoft packages
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of contemporary practice operating customer centric services in Local Government
- Be able to organise own work and to supervise the work of others to maximise efficiency and productivity
This opportunity is closed to applications.