View Vacancy -- Temporary Accommodation (TA) Reduction Programme Support Officer
Haringey Council has 2,900 families in temporary accommodation. The council is very clear in its ambition to reduce this number and the associated costs - as far as possible, as fast as possible. To achieve this a Temporary Accommodation (TA) Reduction Plan has been put in place, supported by significant central government grant and Council-wide resources. The Council now needs a Programme Support Officer to help ensure that the projects put in place deliver and make the best use of the funding available.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed person to bring together TA reduction work across the council. This role will:
- Work closely with the Homes for Haringey Housing Demand team, which prevents and relieves homelessness among families
- Work with the Council’s Commissioning team, which prevents and relieves homelessness among single adults
- Manage the allocation of Flexible Homelessness Support Grant and other funding to support TA reduction and homelessness prevention projects
- Develop and improve tools for forecasting demand for TA and the impact of interventions
- Monitor and report on performance of TA reduction projects including regular evaluation
This role is offered on a 1 year fixed term contract, pending the confirmation of an additional external grant.
Based in Wood Green, N22, close to shops, restaurants and local amenities.
- 1 minute walk from Wood Green underground station on the Piccadilly Line, 15 minutes journey from Kings Cross, 8 minutes from Finsbury Park, 21 minutes from Covent Garden.
- 15 minutes walk from Alexandra Palace national rail station, with connections to the north, as well as regular services to central London.
For more information about this role then please see attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact Alan Benson, Head of Housing at Alan.Benson@haringey.gov.uk
Closing Date: Monday 3rd June 2019
- Experience of housing demand services and the provision/management of temporary accommodation within a council or arm's length management organisation
This opportunity is closed to applications.