View Vacancy -- School Crossing Patrol Officer
About the role
Haringey Council delivers its School Crossing Patrol service through a directly employed in-house team and sits within the Parking Enforcement Service.
The post holder will ensure the safety of children crossing the road at a designated point between specified times. The discharge of these duties must not be to the detriment of the welfare of the other road users.
You will have experience working with children or similar positions, have a good understanding of the Highway Code, clear verbal communication skills and be reliable and punctual. In addition you will be fit to stand for long periods of time and work in all weather conditions, have a good eyesight and hearing, be able to assess speed of traffic and be confident to stop traffic.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the CRB willbe undertaken.
- Understanding of the Highway Code
- Clear Verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess the speed of the traffic
- Confidence to stop traffic
- Health and Safety Certificate (Desirable)
- First Aid training (Desirable)
- Working with Children. Working in a similar/same position.
- Must have good hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Awareness and understanding of equal opportunities.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be reliable and punctual.