View Vacancy -- Gardener/Handy Person
Job Title: Gardener/ Handy Person
About the service
Winkfield is a multi-service Resource Centre working with and for Adults with learning and physical disabilities.
The Winkfield Resource Centre (WRC) has a small staff team and the building offers a range of services to support and enable Haringey residents with disabilities to manage their disability, maintain independence and achieve control and choice in their lives. The resource centre provides information and advice to visitors and deal with telephone queries, hires out rooms internally and externally.
You will work as part of a team providing services for people with learning and physical disabilities. Your major responsibility will be to maintain the gardens and building to at high standard.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for:
- To maintain the gardens and building to a standard specified by the Centre Manager.
- The post holder is expected to maintain and repair the fixtures and fittings as well as maintain the furniture.
- Carry out daily inspections ensuring the premises comply with Health & Safety requirements.
- To maintain the outside area on a daily basis ensuring that the external of the building is kept clean; rubbish removed; and clear of any garden waste which will cause a health and safety risk to all visitors to the centre.
If you have experience of working as gardener/ handy person and the ability to maintain a building at a high standard, we would like to hear from you.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Positive attitude to disability, commitment to working within an opportunities framework. Physically fit and able to lift.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment, gardening tools and DIY initiative.
- Ability to adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ability to deliver service within the Equal Opportunity framework
- Knowledge of gardening, building maintenance, use of heavy cleaning equipment and grass cutting. Routine maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills
This opportunity is closed to applications.