View Vacancy -- Nursery Nurse Apprentices
3 x Nursery Nurse Apprentices
(Children and Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Framework, level 2)
Grade: HAPP1/ HAPP2
Salary: £14,101.80 per annum (£235.54 per week for the first 6 months & £306.84 thereafter, subjection to probation.
Hours: 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Contract: Temporary up to 12 months or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the role
We are looking for 3 Apprentice Nursery Nurses interested in working in a Nursery setting to undertake a Children and Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Framework, level 2. You will be based at either Woodside Nursery, N22 or the Triangle Nursery, N15.
Main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- You will be working with children aged 0-5 years.
- Planning learning experience across all seven areas of learning including preparing and setting up both indoor and outdoor experiences.
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- To contribute to the provision and maintenance of a healthy, safe and stimulating environment.
- To support children to develop personal care skills including toileting, feeding, washing.
- To be an active member of a professional staff team.
- You will have GCSEs in English and Maths and ICT (grade C or 4 or above or equivalent i.e. functional skills / key skills level 2)
- An interest in working in a childcare setting
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- Excellent time-keeping skills and be presentable and professional at all times
- Sound verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Able to prioritise own workload effectively
- Able to use initiative and work independent
You will be required to attend job training for the (Children and Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Framework, level 2) the training will be facilitated by the training provider. Study time will be identified in collaboration with the training provider.
Other Requirements / How to apply
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey or attended a school / further education institution within Haringey.
- Be aged 16 and over (applications are strongly encouraged from 16- 24 year olds).
- If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Employment & Skills Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP > HEST@haringey.gov.uk or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
Closing Date: 3 April 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.