View Vacancy -- Nursery Nurse - Stonecroft
Job Title: Nursery Nurse
Grade: Scale 6
About the role
Stonecroft is an “Outstanding” and innovative Nursery with friendly, hard working and supportive staff. You will be working as part of a highly motivated and professional team. At Stonecroft we have created an exciting learning environment for children to grow and reach their full potential.
We are looking for a highly creative, passionate, inspirational, and energetic Nursery Nurse to support the Early Years Officer in developing and motivating a high level of care, learning, play and education for children aged 2 years to rising 5 year olds.
- Must hold NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development or hold an equivalent qualification.
- In your role as key person you will be required to have an understanding of children’s individual learning styles and have sound knowledge of child development and how to support families through guidance, empathy and partnership working.
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of the EYFS.
- To be able to promote excellent practice through providing first class childcare and education.
- To be organised, flexible, enthusiastic and work as part of an inspirational team.
- To have excellent skills in team work, using your initiative and being forward thinking.
- To understand the importance of role modelling and mentoring within your team.
- Have a strong commitment to the welfare of all children.
- A good level of literacy skills and ICT skills.
Closing Date: Thursday 21st March 2019
- Level 3 in childcare or equivalent.
- Have relevant experience in being a dedicated key person within an inclusive environment.
- Experience of being a key person within a group room
- Paediatric first aid
- Child protection
Stonecroft is open all year round. It is not a term time only centre.
The nursery is open 8-6pm.
Stonecroft closes over the Christmas period and the last week of August.
Staff work shifts: 8-4 / 8.15-4.15 / 9-5 / 10-6 etc..
This opportunity is closed to applications.