View Vacancy -- Regeneration Officer
Tottenham is one of Haringey’s core regeneration areas, where we have ambitious plans underway to address local people's priorities of more job opportunities, better housing and improved transport links. As a focus area for growth in Tottenham, our vision for Tottenham Hale is to be London’s next great neighbourhood, with plans to deliver 5,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs, set around a new district centre. We are now moving into the next stage of Tottenham Hale’s regeneration journey, with the focus shifting from planning into delivery.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join the team and lead on a range of ambitious capital projects within the Tottenham Hale streets and spaces programme. The role will involve working with teams across the Council to progress a series of core public realm projects which will make Tottenham Hale’s streets safer, healthier and more attractive.
- Have practical experience of developing and managing a range of regeneration projects, with a track record of forging effective partnership working (public realm delivery experience would be an advantage)
- Have proven project management experience from scoping to delivery, and experience of managing a project team, including commissioning work from consultants or external parties.
- Be a self-starter, with the knowledge, skills and experience to drive forward complex projects, requiring regular liaison with senior managers, elected members and a wide range of local stakeholders; and
- Be up for the challenge of delivering the highest quality outputs in a complex environment, requiring the ability to think outside of the box to deliver solutions.
Haringey Council offers a fast paced, exciting and energetic environment where you will be tasked with a broad range of responsibilities in a role that is varied and highly rewarding.
This role will allow the right person to grow and develop as part of a supportive and high-functioning team. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of projects, working with a variety of stakeholders and partners, and be responsible for delivering a programme of public realm works at the heart of this new district centre for Tottenham.
If you wish to speak to the team about the opportunities, please contact:
Regeneration Manager – Tottenham Hale
T: 07976 864 012
- Experience of managing major regeneration schemes / projects: physical, social and economic
- Experience of working in a physical, social and economic regeneration setting with a clear understanding of the challenges that presents
- Experience of developing and sustaining successful partnership working across the public, private and third sectors to bring forward and deliver regeneration projects.
This opportunity is closed to applications.