View Vacancy -- AMHP Social Worker
AMHP Social Worker
Your new organisation
Haringey Council is looking for ten Approved Mental Health Practitioners to join their specialist teams with the Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust. Due to the re-organisation of services to accommodate the increasing needs of the borough, the teams now have several new posts available.
Working for Haringey – Video Link
Haringey is one of London’s liveliest and most culturally diverse neighbourhoods, famed for its tremendous array of restaurants – including award-wining kebab houses and late-night international grocers. In addition to the shopping and cinemas available in Wood Green, you will see some of the most exciting parts of the capital in Tottenham, including the revamped Tottenham Green and the soon-to-be-completed Spurs stadium. Haringey is also home to no fewer than 25 Green Flag Award winning parks, perfect for a relaxing time out.
Your new role
You will actively participate on the council’s AMHP Rota as well as manage a protected caseload with one of the specialist Trust teams. You will be working with health colleagues focusing on the recovery of adults diagnosed with severe and enduring mental illness. Regular supervision and support is provided for both your welfare and work. Alongside AMHP duties, you will join one of the following teams:
Community Support and Recovery Team
– A specialist multi-disciplinary team which offers a supportive Care Co-ordination and Case Management service to service users with severe and enduring mental health difficulties together with a rehabilitation and recovery focus for clients in acute distress.
Complex Care Team
– This multi-disciplinary team provides treatment and support for patients with complex problems on CPA without a diagnosis of psychosis. This includes out-patient psychological therapy, as well as comprehensive integrated care packages.
Older Persons Team
- This team provides therapy and support to anyone over the age of 65 with a functional or organic mental health condition, those with an existing dementia diagnosis and people experiencing mental illness for the first time or, who are becoming forgetful.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:-
- HCPC membership & previous/existing AMHP warrant
- AMHP/Social Work experience holding complex Mental Health cases
- Knowledge of mental health treatments and interventions, care management and CPA
- Thorough knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Mental capacity Act
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team
What you'll get in return
Haringey offers a supportive and empowering environment to work in, where ongoing professional development and support is provided and encouraged at all levels of experience.
In addition, Haringey offers a wide range of attractive benefits including Flexible Working, Season Ticket & Bike Loans, Health & Dental Plans, Childcare Vouchers and other Staff Discounts to major stores, local leisure centres and gyms.
"I enjoy working in Haringey because it is a supportive place to be. When I qualified as a Social Worker three years ago; I immediately started my ASYE programme, then was supported to train as a Best Interest Assessor and Approved Mental Health Professional. Haringey values their employees and invested money and time so I can continuously develop my professional capabilities. Three years on with no plans to leave, the culture of Haringey is empowering, inspiring and exciting, placing the well-being of service users at the forefront of every decision made. Trust me you will not regret the decision to apply."