View Vacancy -- Governors Support Officer and Clerk
Job Title: Governors’ Support Officer and Clerk
Grade: PO1 (pro rata)
Closing Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
About the role
Haringey’s Governors’ Services provide training, advice, support and a clerking service to schools both within and outside of Haringey. We consider that a skilled support officer and clerk can contribute significantly to a governing body’s effectiveness and we are seeking to increase to our pool.
Duties will include: -
- To actively support the governing body in fulfilling its strategic role
- To support in a timely and efficient manner the work of a governing body and ensuring that statutory duties are fulfilled
- To be responsible for the administration of the governing body and to provide advice and guidance as necessary on procedures and legislation
- To convey both local and national developments in school governance to the governing body
- To attend twice termly briefings
- To engage effectively in self development through the appraisal process
You will have excellent organisational, literacy, numeracy and ICT skills. As well as being a good administrator, you’re proactive, self-motivating and able to organise your own work. You will be able to travel to schools, both in and outside Haringey.
Applications are welcome for candidates wishing to work with a minimum of two schools, covering around 18 -30 meetings a year. You should be flexible and available for some daytime meetings as well as evenings.
How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
This opportunity is closed to applications.