View Vacancy -- Autism Support Teacher
Autism Support Teacher
Closing Date: Thursday 1st February at 12:00
Interview Date: Friday 9th February
About the role
An exciting opportunity to work within the expanding Haringey Language and Autism Support Team, part of the Integrated Service for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
This exciting and stimulating role will enable you to build on existing skills and knowledge of working with children with autism. As an Autism Support Teacher you will work within a dynamic team, providing advice, support and training children with autism who attend mainstream schools in Haringey, their families and the professionals working with them.
A well organised and experienced teacher with a successful track record of supporting children and young people with autism. You will need to be a creative practitioner, able to come up with innovative solutions that work for children and their families in a range of educational settings.
You will be a great communicator who is an advocate for young people with autism and be passionate, about promoting high aspirations and outcomes for the young people you work with.
Additional specialist qualification in teaching pupils with autism/language and/or social communication difficulties or evidence of continued CPD
- Competence in the use of ICT both to organise and maintain records and to support the learning of pupils with autism
- Good presentation skills – to be able to plan and lead training for professionals and families.
- Good time keeping & attendance
- Good record keeping skills
- Good knowledge and experience of inclusion in its broadest sense at local, regional and national levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.