View Vacancy -- Emergency Response Officer
Job Title: Part Time Emergency Response Officer
About the role
You will be part of a team operating the Councils Community Alarm and Out of Hours Emergency Service. The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 a year and you will be required to part time two days per week, Saturdays and Sundays (Plus Bank Holidays) usually between 8:15 am to 4: 30pm
Duties include answering calls on the Community Alarm Service from elderly disabled and other venerable people, attending people's homes in response to alarm calls or planned visits, answering the Council's Emergency Telephone Service and insuring that all emergencies are passed on to the relevant Council Officer, maintaining records of all work undertaken.
Candidates must have their own car.
- Experience with working with elderly and/ or disabled people in multi-cultural setting and an Equal opportunities framework.
- The ability to communicate clearly, politely and sympathetically with the public both face to face, have experience of telecommunication equipment and the ability to work under pressure and make decisions calmly in crisis situations.
- You must be a car driver.
Closing Date: Thursday 12th September 2019
- Knowledge of Council Services
- Ability to speak one of the Borough's community languages
The position is for 1 year fixed term with the potential to extend with approval from the Assistant Director.
This opportunity is closed to applications.