View Vacancy -- Contract Controller
About the role
The Contract Controller, will assist the Transport & Travel Contract Team, to ensure effective contract management of all external contractors under the Council’s Framework Agreement to provide passenger transport services.
The Post-holder will manage and oversee the Travel Training Scheme and will
work in tandem with the Escorts Team of the Service, ensuring that a seamless service is provided to the children and young people and vulnerable adults, to whom the Council has a duty of care.
The contracted hours for this role are Mondays to Fridays, 36 hours per week over 52 weeks per calendar year.
The working hours are from 7am till 3:12pm. These hours are flexible and may change to suit the business needs.
- We are looking for an individual who is reliable, dynamic, flexible and able to meet the fast paced demands of the SEN Transport Team.
- You will need to be able to work with minimal supervision, have excellent and professional communication both verbally and written.
- You will lead and manage a team of up to 30 Travel Buddies. Management experience is therefore essential.
- Candidates are expected to travel for the purpose of assessments, within the Borough of Haringey and outside of the Borough as and when required.
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th July 2019
- Current driving licence (PCV)
- Knowledge of all relevant passenger transport legislation
- Knowledge of relevant training required to operate within a passenger transport environment
- Confident and competent user of Microsoft Office, in partiuclar Word and Outlook
- Ability to actively build relationships at all levels, with internal colleagues and partners from other organisations