View Vacancy -- Executive Head of Childcare Services
Haringey is committed to giving our children ‘the best start in life’ and our Children Centres are leading the way in supporting this vision.
About the role
We need a passionate, committed and experienced Early Years Manager to take up an exciting position as the Executive Head of Childcare Services across the 3 local authority Children Centres.
This is a great opportunity to develop the vision for Haringey’s maintained Childcare Services and make an impact on the outcomes and lives of our children and families.
The Children Centres - Triangle, Woodside and Park Lane have integrated childcare and Children Centre services.
- The successful candidate will lead the Childcare Services in our newly formed structure working alongside the Executive Head of the Children Centre Services.
- You will be a visionary and strategic leader who will have experience of successfully leading childcare provisions with extensive understanding of the EYFS and early years pedagogy.
- You will be expected to lead by example and be able to model great practice as well as manage the operational duties of each nursery.
- Each nursery is developing a Reggio inspired approach and planning in the moment curriculum with the child at the centre of everything we do.
- You will be working with dedicated teams of Practitioners and Senior Managers who are committed to developing each centre as a centre of excellence in Early Years.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms is essential.
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
A visit to the Children Centre is beneficial, if you are applying for this post – please contact Nick Hewlett on: Nick.Hewlett@haringey.gov.uk should you wish to visit.
Please refer to job specifications
The work pattern for the above role is shift work.
Haringey Council offer flexible working.
Travelling will be involved from one centre to another, therefore permit will be provided.