View Vacancy -- Lead Commissioner for Learning Disabilities and Autism
Lead Commissioner, Learning Disabilities & Autism
Up to £70,000 per annum
We are working with our communities to make Haringey the Borough an even better place to live. We are committed to building stronger partnerships and engaging effectively with our residents, to shape better services for everyone. As Lead Commissioner, you will lead and shape Haringey Council and Haringey CCG’s approach to the commissioning of services for people with Learning Disabilities and Autism, ensuring they are able to lead as normal a life as possible in line with our Valuing People commitments.
About the role
This recently created post provides strategic, dedicated and sustainable capacity to meet our wider aspirations to improve outcomes for people with learning disabilities and autism in the Borough and to deliver our Transforming Care Programme. Managing complex partnerships, substantial budgets and transformational activity, you will:
- Take the lead for the strategic commissioning of learning disabilities and autism for adults for Haringey Council and for Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group
- Represent the Council and the CCG in respect of learning disabilities and of autism in all aspects of health, social care and wellbeing, ensuring that national and local priorities are reflected in commissioning decisions
- Ensure market and service developments support strategic intent to improve wellbeing and enable people to maximise their independence.
- Be lead commissioner for the integrated Haringey Learning Disabilities Partnership (HLDP) and lead the commissioning of all other services, interventions and care packages
- Take a proactive role in transitions work to ensure adequate arrangements are in place to support disabled young people moving into adulthood
We are looking for a passionate, flexible individual with excellent communication skills, able to think strategically and operate with attention to detail. If you think you have the commitment, skills and drive for this role then please apply through the below link.
If you would like to talk to someone about this role please contact Charlotte Pomery on 0208 489 2035.
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.