View Vacancy -- Category Delivery Manager - London Energy Project
Category Delivery Manager
Post Location – Wood Green, London
Closing Date Monday 11th March 2019
Can you transform energy procurement in London and the South? Do you want to effect meaningful change within the public sector?
About London Energy Project
For local authorities, blue light services and NHS Trusts in London and the South, energy (and water) are non-avoidable expenditure valued at c. £500m p.a. spread over 50,000 sites. London Energy Project is an award winning public sector shared service, whose principal focus is to work with these organisations and enable them to achieve better value for money, process efficiencies, social value and carbon reduction through innovation, working and buying together. As a team we expect to challenge the status quo and find new solutions to entrenched problems to achieve the best results for our public sector customers.
About The Job
Working collaboratively with suppliers and stakeholders across major, high value, pan-London contracts, you will be responsible for establishing mutually compatible objectives and a shared agenda that delivers improvement, innovation and value to all parties and ensures strategic alignment. In this high profile role, tasks will include managing key supplier relationships and putting in place a best practice approach to contract management to roll out across all authorities in London/South. You will need to work closely with senior staff in the supply chain to deliver strategic objectives for 100% green energy, negotiate targets for local business and employment and ensure ‘hygiene factors’ like billing working efficiently. To keep energy affordable, you will need to find practical solutions with equal measures of innovation and work with multiple customers and suppliers to ensure all of our contracts are optimised to innovate and deliver the greatest benefits possible.
You should have relevant experience in procurement and category management within the utilities industry, ideally gained through working at management or management consultant levels in the public sector. Self-motivated and able to deliver results to timescales, act strategically but with an attention to detail and the ability to multitask, you will be able to overcome resistance to change, build consensus among customers, influence and negotiate improvements through the supply chain that deliver better quality and reduce costs.
This is a role which offers great career progression and networking opportunities. It is an opportunity to transform utilities procurement in London. It’s not for the faint hearted. We offer a generous salary, flexible working and pension scheme.
To succeed in this role, postholders must:
- Understand commercial elements of utility contracts, supplier management, OJEU procurement, negotiating remedial and improvement actions, etc.
- Work to high standards and expect them from others, supporting others to achieve them
- Be great communicators and be able to get on with people at all levels in other authorities/trusts
- Lead by example and know how to influence, affect change and get the job done including getting the right outcome from suppliers
- Have an excellent eye for detail, but see the big picture and work flexibly towards it
- Be able to write high quality reports, specifications, plans etc. and present material(s) to a varied audience and have good numeracy skills
- Be able to juggle priorities in a fast moving and fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects and programmes effectively
The job is flexible and although based in Wood Green, there is opportunity for home and off-site working.
This opportunity is closed to applications.