View Vacancy -- Associate Tutor
About the role
Haringey Adult Learning Service are recruiting for a number of part time Associate Tutor posts. The minimum teaching hours commitment per week is 5 hours. We pay separately for preparation and planning. This is the equivalent to 2:1 ratio for in class teaching.
We currently have a range of Associate Tutor posts that we are recruiting to and welcome applications from a number of routes into teaching.
Our classes are from 2 hours a week to 5 hours a week - evenings, daytime and weekends. We recognise that many tutors work across a number of organisations and need flexibility of hours and we are happy, where possible, to try to accommodate this.
We are opening up a number of courses and have opportunities in the various areas at either our Wood Green Library site or in a range of community or employer settings within Haringey:
- Counselling (CPCAB Level 2) and other Wellbeing courses
- ICT and Digital Skills (Complete Beginners to Level 2)
Associate Tutors undertake teaching and related duties that fully support and encourage learners throughout their learning journey and to progress to other higher-level courses, volunteering or employment.
- You should have recent experience in delivering a top-quality learning experience to adult learners using a differentiated approach.
- You should be able to work proactively within a team, contribute positively in team meetings, share ideas, take part in peer observations and be prepared to share best teaching practice and resources, including e-learning.
- Tutors are expected to complete schemes of work, group profiles, individual learning plans and to provide opportunities for learners to meet their individual targets.
- All staff should work to meet local, national and OFSTED inspection requirements including Safeguarding and Prevent. We deliver both accredited and non-accredited courses and understanding and experience of RARPA is welcome.
We actively support staff to continue to develop their teaching skills and time is paid for attendance of CPD.
Minimum qualification for teaching of CPCAB Counselling Certificate courses is 150 hours of Counselling Skills and theory qualification at Level 2 and above e.g. CSKL2 plus CST-L3.
All successful applicants will hold a teaching qualification at Level 3 or above, or have relevant teaching experience and be working towards a recognised teaching qualification at this level.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Closing date: 24th February 2020
Applicants should have completed or be working towards an appropriate teaching qualification in line with nationally recognised standards (PTLLS, CTLLS, and DTLLs or equivalent).
Appropriate subject related qualification or experience.
Please refer to the job description for further details.
This opportunity is closed to applications.