View Vacancy -- Traffic Permit Officer
About the Service
The Environments and Neighbourhoods team in Haringey is committed to improving the lives of all its 250,000 plus residents through the creation of a better borough. We are a team with high ambition, energy, focus and integrity. You will want to join us if you are passionate about helping produce outstanding outcomes for our residents and developing a career that is yours to own.
About the role
The Traffic Permit Officer role will form a part of the Network Management Team and will play a key role in co-ordinating street works within the borough. Duties will involve scrutinising street work permits on a daily basis, to ensure that works are undertaken on Haringey’s road networks with minimum disruption.
You must have:
- A good understanding of the Traffic Management Act and New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Strong understanding of the relevant areas of the Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, London Permit Scheme and the associated codes of practice.
- Experience in granting, refusing and modifying permit applications from a range of statutory undertakers.
- Practical experience of implementing a responsive and high-quality service, that satisfies the needs of an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
Any questions should be directed to the Network Manager, James Kent-Winsley on 02084891391 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 2nd March 2020
- Practical experience of implementing responsive and high quality service that satisfies the needs of an ethnically and culturally
- An awareness of environmental issues affecting a borough with diverse social, economic and commercial needs and differing streetscapes.
This opportunity is closed to applications.