View Vacancy -- Apprentice - Assistant Accountant
About the role
As an Assistant Accountant Apprentice, you will be supporting Haringey’s Finance department in all finance related aspects. You will learn how to use accountancy software and systems whilst studying at a local college.
Main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- There will be a high level of numerical work, so you must enjoy working with numbers.
- Assist in processing reconciliations to ensure that our records are correct and in agreement.
- Learn how all about budget virements, where money is moved from a financial account or part of a budget.
- Assist in the preparation of finance journals
- Creating financial spreadsheets and inputting data
- liaise effectively and professionally with staff and clients/ and outside agencies, always presenting an efficient image of the Service and Council.
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
- IT literate
- Adaptable & organised and able to prioritise
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach where you will be required to build good relationships not only within your team, but also across all areas of the organisation.
You will be required to attend job training in Assistant Accountancy, level 3 for 1 day per week at a local college.
Other Requirements / How to apply
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey or attended a school / further education institution within Haringey.
- If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Employment & Skills Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP via email > HEST@haringey.gov.uk or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
- GCSEs in English and Maths (grade A - C or 9 – 4 or equivalent)
- Level 2 Accountancy AAT qualification or experience in accounting
- Able to demonstrate experience in administrative processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, where the role requires
This opportunity is closed to applications.