View Vacancy -- Social Worker Assistant (Family Assessment Centre)
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
This post is part of a specialist team working as part of the internal resource for the conducting of all court directed parenting capacity assessments and delivering on specialist parenting programmes.
You will assist the delivery of parenting programmes, including specialist PAMs parenting assessments and support the teams to deliver a high-quality social work service to children and families working in partnership with other statutory and third sector organisations. You will also participate in team and other service meetings and activities as appropriate.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To assist with assessment of children’s needs and to help complete assessment within timescale.
- To regularly formulate, update and implement children/ Young People’s care plans in conjunction with the supervising manager
- To undertake direct work children, young people, and families, to gain understanding of their emotional world. As parting of parenting programme.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers in order to ensure contact is maintained, where appropriate, and that they are kept regularly updated on their child’s progress.
- To supervise contact between parents and their children and record these contact sessions in a timely, accurate and literate manner on the prescribed format.
- To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded, and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- To assist social work staff in the production of reports for decision making forums as required.
These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service.
For a full overview of the job responsibilities and Person Specification please see attached job description.
For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit our website:
Closing Date: Monday 5th October 2020
This opportunity is closed to applications.