View Vacancy -- Horticulture Apprentice (Parks)
Horticulture Apprentice (Parks)
Grade: HAPP1/ HAPP2
Salary: £14,101.80 per annum (£235.54 per week for the first 6 months & £306.84 thereafter, subjection to probation.
Hours: 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Contract: Temporary up to 24 months or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the role:-
Haringey Council are offering you a great opportunity to work with our award winning Haringey Parks Service as an Apprentice Gardeners.
Twenty-two of our parks and green open spaces have been awarded the prestigious Green Flag – an award recognising excellent standards and management practices.
We are looking for three enthusiastic and motivated apprentices, to learn and work with us delivering quality Services.
Duties will include all forms of Horticultural work:-
- Grass cutting and lawn care
- Planting and maintenance of flower and shrub beds
- Soil cultivation, weed control and hedge cutting
- Sports pitch line marking
- Nature conservation work and all other aspects of general grounds maintenance, and much more.
So come and join Haringey’s Parks Service and be part of a winning team!
- You will have GCSEs in English and Math (grade C or above or equivalent)
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach where you will be required to build good relationships not only within your team.
- You will be required to attend Horticulture job training a local college.
Other Requirements / How to apply
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey or attended a school / further education institution within Haringey.
- Be aged 16 and over (applications are strongly encouraged from 16- 24 year olds).
If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
Applicants can either complete the online application or upload a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Employment & Skills Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP > HEST@haringey.gov.uk or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
Closing Date: 23rd October 2018