View Vacancy -- ASB Enforcement Officer
ASB Enforcement Officers
Closing date: 28/10/2018
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Council’s ASB Enforcement Team. If you are successful we will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
We are looking to recruit ASB Enforcement Officers with wide ranging expertise in either anti-social behaviour, noise and Environmental crime, to join a multi skilled innovative enforcement team. This is a high profile and rewarding role that will help make a real difference to the lives of those who experience anti-social behaviour in Haringey. You will be responsible for investigating anti-social behaviour incidents across a broad range of tenures and across the wider community.
You will manage a varied and complex caseload. In order to resolve issues you will adopt a multi-agency approach, providing an effective response through intervention, prevention, and enforcement to achieve the best outcomes for our residents and businesses. You will operate in a professional and efficient manner to deliver a high quality service in line with council policies and procedures.
You will be required to investigate, gather evidence, prepare witness statements to support legal proceedings, and give evidence in court.
You will have experience in dealing with members of the public and have excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer care. The post holders will be hard working and enthusiastic individuals who are able to work independently and as part of a team. You will have aptitude or proven experience working within a broad ASB Environment, with working knowledge of anti-social behaviour and applicable legislation.
This post involves working on a rotating shift pattern including evenings and weekends. You will have the ability to work independently to make sound judgements and decisions when on the duty shift.
Desirable skills and experience
- Extensive experience of managing complex anti-social behaviour cases and Noise Enforcement processes
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role up to representation in court
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and understanding the needs of people from diverse social/cultural/racial backgrounds
- Experience of working with partners and local community groups
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision, organise workload and work under pressure
- Experience of finding innovative and creative solutions to tackle anti-social behaviour problems in hot spot areas
- Able to get on well with other members of the team and internal and external partners
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Case management skills
- The ability to handle confrontational situations and abusive and/or aggressive members of the public
The successful candidates will be provided training and support in areas of work that are not within their immediate area of expertise.
These posts will be subject to a DBS check before an appointment is made.
This opportunity is closed to applications.