View Vacancy -- Client and Commissioning Manager - Corporate Contracts
This is a great opportunity to lead a team of FM-focused professionals through a period of significant change. You will be developing detailed commissioning options for how we delivery facilities services across a portfolio of 200+ buildings in Haringey, delivering great workspaces for staff, and modern spaces for public services. You will be leading a team of 10 staff, both delivering capital projects and managing our TFM contract. The scope is huge: from renovating office space, refurbishing listed buildings, commissioning statutory compliance works, and ensuring the day-to-day services to building users are delivered to a high standard.
You’ll need to be a confident people manager, with a thorough knowledge of all aspects of facilities management (and with the professional qualifications to match). You’ll be confident at collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders to drive improvement and customer satisfaction. We’re looking for someone with a strong commercial focus, able to identify and deliver value through robust contract management, ensure projects deliver to time, quality and budget, and keep a strategic view across the whole of our estates.
Main responsibilities include:
- Commissioning – Corporate Contracts.
- To lead on the production and maintenance of a strategic asset management plan for corporate and schools estate, establishing agreed priorities for the commissioning activities.
- To lead on and implement a cycle of continuous reviews of in- house services and external contracts to secure value for money and the achievement of corporate priorities, both service specific and cross cutting.
- Through the commissioning cycle, identify service delivery options/models and either through procurement of an external provider or working with colleagues/partners to remodel in-house services/existing contracts, secure transformational change.
- Contract Management - Corporate Contracts.
- Responsibility for end to end contract management that secures improvement and the achievement of the Council’s financial and service outcome targets.
- Policy and Performance - Corporate Contracts.
- To develop commissioning, contract and service specific policies to support the strategic direction of services.
- Responsible for implementing a robust performance management framework that delivers a continuous assessment of customer satisfaction, delivery of priority outcomes and unit cost.
- Commercial - Corporate Contracts
- Through a cycle of regular service and contract reviews, data analysis and benchmarking, compare the commercial viability, unit costs and overall value for money of services and contracts against market leaders.
- People Management
- To take responsibility for all aspects of staff management including, recruitment, induction, performance management, delivery of performance appraisals, dealing with poor performance and encouraging a continuous cycle of learning and development.
- Partnership Working
- To actively promote and lead partnership working and joined up service delivery, by developing and maintaining key relationships with people inside and outside the council. To represent the Council on London and regional wide bodies as appropriate.
- To ensure services are customer focused and that customer feedback informs how services are delivered and develop systems that support customers regularly engaging and influencing service design.
- To be the responsible person in all aspects of financial management including financial planning, management of budgets and achievement of saving targets.
- To have adequate controls in place for both Capital and Revenue expenditure, and systems and processes to achieve maximum income collection and debt recovery where appropriate.
- Information Management
- Use and actively seek out data and benchmarking information to guide the delivery and development of services within your area and ensure that an intelligence led approach is taken to maximise positive outcomes against a backdrop of reducing resources.
This opportunity is closed to applications.