View Vacancy -- Capital Commitment Project Manager
Job Title: Capital Commitment Project Manager
Pay Scale: PO5 £41,847 - £44,691 (1 Year Fixed Term)
Closing Date: 14 October 2018
About the role
Haringey Council are currently recruiting an experienced, self- motivated Project Manager to work within the ‘Capital Commitment Project Team’ for an initial 12-month Fixed Term contract. The requirement for this position has come about due to the sharp rise in Housing Benefit Overpayment debt.
The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within Housing Benefit Assessment and Debt Management. They will be responsible for the delivery of significant, often complex, project milestones that will help deliver the outcomes detailed in the Council’s Capital Commitment Project Brief.
Working closely with the Head of Corporate Debt and the Head of Housing Benefits, the post holder will lead the Capital Commitment Project and be responsible for the day-to-day management of all project activity to ensure successful delivery.
If you are a proactive, organised individual and want to be part of an excellent team this could be your next role.
- Experience of managing projects in a public sector environment, including drafting business cases, project briefs and other project documentation.
- Experience of planning project activities, estimating resource needs and monitor progress against the plan.
- Housing Benefit Overpayment/Social Care Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Current experience in the use of Northgate Housing Benefits IT
- Educated to Degree Level, or proven 3+ year managerial experience within Housing Benefit Overpayment, including management experience in recovering delinquent accounts from customers [individuals and public / private organisations] within a Housing Benefit Overpayment/Social Care field.
- Experience of working effectively with a wide range of multi-disciplinary teams, senior managers and partner organisations.
- A recognised qualification in Project Management, such as APMP, Prince 2, Agile etc
- Practiced knowledge of Project Management Processes
- A good understanding of Council wide debtor areas i.e Council Tax, NNDR, Social Care, Council Rents, Commercial Rents, Leaseholder services etc.
- Ability to take initiative within given parameters to deliver required results
- Experience in Project Reporting (updating Dashboards, RAID logs)
- High level of numeracy and the ability to manipulate, analyse and present large quantities of data
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
This opportunity is closed to applications.