View Vacancy -- Highway Inspector
The post holder will be responsible for all inspection activities related to the Highways Service. This will include carrying out a regular programme of inspections within a specified area; checking the quality and quantity of works being carried out by contractors and ensuring accuracy of invoices submitted for payment.
We are looking for intelligent and reliable individuals, who are able to work independently and are passionate about maintaining and improving the highway network for the Borough.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous experience in highway maintenance
- Have recently graduated with a degree in IT or Civil Engineering/Construction or Quantity Surveying or GIS or Maths
- Have a working knowledge of relevant TD documents and other Highways documentation i.e Chapter 8
- Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation such as CDM Regs, The Highways Act, or the NRSWA.
- Have effective written and oral skills to produce reports and communicate to the public and local council officers.
- Good IT and computer skills able to communicate by email and use software packages for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Able to read drawings to locate defects on the highway.
- Flexible in your approach and able and willing to assist and support other team members.
- Able to work without supervision and to seek advice when necessary
- Able to work to deadlines
Closing Date: Friday 30th November 2018
This opportunity is closed to applications.