View Vacancy -- Head of Mental Health
Head of Mental Health Services
In Haringey we are transforming services so that all our residents have the best possible mental health and wellbeing throughout their lives. As Head of Mental Health Services you will provide transformative leadership, working closely with partners and developing a highly professional, developmental social care service delivered through the integrated Mental Health Trust.
About the role
The Mental Health Service in Haringey is undergoing a period of change and development. There has been significant work on the development of new pathways that promote mental health and wellbeing as well as the provision of primary and secondary mental health care, integrated with social work and social care.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Adult Social Services you will:
- Develop, implement and ensure modern responsive services are provided in both community and in-patient settings
- Strategically lead and implement the redesign of mental health services in Haringey, ensuring that clinical and care services are delivered to required standards
- Develop management systems that meet appropriate standards of governance
- Work in partnership with senior managers in the Mental Health Trust, where you will be actively involved in local decision making processes, delivering on financial targets and standards for accountable budgets
- Build on positive working relationships between the Council and the NHS CCG, taking forward our shared strategic intentions and make them happen
Succeed in this role and you will have shaped and lead a high performing, modern mental health service that supports our vision for Haringey as a place where all residents can live well and achieve their potential.
We are looking for applicants who are excited by the opportunities that this role presents with the experience and talent to manage and influence practice in a complex, diverse and challenging environment so that our staff are enabled to focus on mental health social work and residents receive a good service. Applicants must be qualified social workers with 3 years’ experience in a management role in Mental Health Social Work Services. An AMHP qualification is desirable.
If you would like to discuss the role please telephone Peter Brennan on 0208 489 3794 or Helen Gaffney on 0208 489 4604.
This opportunity is closed to applications.