View Vacancy -- Service Desk Analyst Apprentice
Are you interested in a Digital career?
This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career in Haringey Council’s Digital Services. We are aiming to provide the best digital services to the people that live and work in the borough.
Could you be a part of this?
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst Apprentice
(Infrastructure Technician, level 3 apprenticeship)
Grade: HAPP1/ HAPP2
Salary: £14,672.76 per annum (£246.97 per week for the first 6 months & £317.36) thereafter, subjection to probation.
Hours: 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Contract: Temporary up to 12 months or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
As a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice, you will be working in our busy digital department assisting with providing digital support to members of staff. You will be helping and advising staff to exploit the technology they use to make their job as efficient as possible. You will be problem solving and troubleshooting non routine problems and will also provide support to staff either face to face, over the telephone or via the organisations self-service portal.
There are many different roles in our Digital service and once you have successfully completed this apprenticeship, we will explore further career options with you, whether that is further apprenticeship training or supporting you into a permanent role.
About the role
The team are the first point of contact for staff with an IT problem, you will learn how to:
- Set staff members up on I.T systems and provide support when they need it
- Deal with faults on mobile devices
- Provide general advice on how to use your IT productively
- Undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user problems and issues, some are straightforward advice such as password resets, helping them use their phones, to more complex technical incidents such as user account queries, printer faults and software/hardware faults.
- You will have GCSEs in English and Maths (grade A* - C or 9 – 4 or equivalent).
- You will also have a level 2 qualification or equivalent or experience in I.T
- You have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- You can communicate well with staff
- You are a flexible person who can work in a team
- You can organise your work and are able to prioritise
- You can problem solve and have analytical skills
On this apprenticeship you will be required to attend an Infrastructure Technician, level 3 apprenticeship training course either for 1 day per week or block training at Capital City College.
If you want to find out more about the role, then why not attend our Taster session where you will hear more about the Council and our team, you will also meet staff members and apprentices and may even have a go at resolving an I.T issue! Our recruitment team will be on hand with loads of useful hints and tips on completing your application.
When: Thursday 15th August 2019 @ 11a.m to 1.30pm
Where: Haringey Council - Podium, River Park House (225 High Road, Wood Green, London, N22 8HQ).
If you are interested in attending, please email Sophia.firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th August 19.
Other Requirements / How to apply
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey or attended a school / further education institution within Haringey.
- Be aged 16 and over to be able to apply (applications are strongly encouraged from 18- 24-year olds).
- If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
- Complete the online application form
You can also get support in completing your application by registering with the Haringey Employment & Skills Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP via email > HEST@haringey.gov.uk or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
Closing Date: Sunday 1st September 2019
- GCSEs in English and Maths (Grades A - C or 9 - 4 or equivalent)
- Level 2 qualification or equivalent experience in I.T.
This opportunity is closed to applications.