View Vacancy -- Head of Virtual School
About the role
We are looking for an experienced leader to support, challenge and advise those involved in the lives of Children in the care of Haringey Council, including those who are of Nursery age, in Statutory education and have oversight of those post 16 and accessing education to 25. You will oversee the Virtual School team of Teaching staff, Educational Psychologists, Education Welfare Staff and Administrators.
- You will have successful senior leadership and management experience within an educational setting or a local authority.
- You will work closely with social care professionals, headteachers, designated teachers, school improvement partners and other personnel working for agencies and organisations in partnership with the Virtual School to drive up standards of education and the attainment of children in care.
- You will have successful project management experience
- Be an experienced, organised, enthusiastic and inspirational leader.
- Have excellent skills in team work, using your initiative, be forward thinking and an exemplary role model.
- Have a strong commitment to the welfare of all children.
- Have a high level of competency in IT, literacy skills and writing skills.
Qualifications: Graduate or equivalent and qualified teacher status
Ideally, you should have:
- Ability to work closely with heads of service, social workers and managers, supervising social workers to raise awareness of the importance of education to support good outcomes.
- Expertise in initiating and managing joint programmes between a range of education and other settings.
- Understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines that ensure compliance to Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
- Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council's Equal Opportunities policies.
Closing Date: 11th March 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.