View Vacancy -- Connected Communities Support Worker (Schools)
Are you looking for a new, exciting and rewarding one-year career opportunity that enables you to work collaborative with others to truly make a difference?
If so, we have two new positions for a Connected Communities Support Worker. This is a new post funded by the Ministry of housing communities and local governments, supporting families against youth crime initiative.
You will be working across a number of Schools and education settings with families and young adults on a wide range of issues including; debt, welfare benefits, housing and parenting. We anticipate that outcomes will include;
- Supporting families to address debt and stopping financial problems escalating
- Supporting families to secure a home or keep them in their homes
- Supporting families to find voluntary, paid work or educational opportunities
- Supporting young adults to improve their attendance, behaviour and well-being
- Supporting families to get on-line and improve digital skills or through assisted support help them through the process
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with people. You will have experience of supporting families to find solutions for their own problems. You will be able to work on your own initiative and work flexibly across a number of locations.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th August 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.