View Vacancy -- Service Manager - Fostering & Permanency Service
This is an exciting opportunity for qualified and experienced Fostering Service Manager to join a growing and dynamic Fostering Team in Haringey as a Fostering Service Manager. Haringey are looking for experienced candidates who have previously worked with recruitment of Foster carers and have a proven track record in managing a small social work team, work with Fostering Panels, Service Development and Performance Management.
There are exciting challenges and opportunities for a 12-month fixed term contract Service Manager as Haringey Fostering continues to develop and improve its services. The expectation will be that the successful candidate will be accountable for the service, meeting all regulatory requirements and leading in our ambition to move from a and Require Improvement. We work hard to achieve positive and sustainable changes in children’s lives and support our foster families to a very high standard. We would like this to be reflected in the Ofsted judgement in the coming year.
Shining Stars would like the successful applicant to have a passion for working with children and young people, excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately.
Closing Date: Tuesday 1st October 2019
- Experience of working in an urban, multi-ethnic community
- Able to work effectively and creatively with senior providers and interested parties
- Ability to establish, monitor and control operational budgets
- Ability to analyse complex written and statistical data, prepare and present reports
- Well developed written, oral and presentation skills
- Able to make complex case decisions, competently assess and manage risk and complete tasks to a high standard
This post is offered on a 1 year fixed term contract or secondment opportunity.
*If you are applying as a secondment, please ensure you have permission from your manager.
This opportunity is closed to applications.