View Vacancy -- Principal Commissioning Officer
We are looking for a Principal Commissioning Officer (Nature Conservation) to join us on a permanent basis.
Your new company
Haringey Council are looking for a self-motivated and confident person to join our busy team within the Commissioning & Client Services. Our aim is to provide a high-quality ecological service to our residents, managing nature conservation across the Borough responsibly and effectively, promoting the importance of biodiversity and encouraging good practice.
Your new role
· You will lead on the development and delivery of Council policies on nature conservation, including the Biodiversity Action Plan and provide guidance for other Council services on wider strategy.
· You will support, help co-coordinate and monitor the work and activities of all nature conservation stakeholders working within Haringey, ensuring an increase in proactive management of sites across the borough.
What you'll need to succeed
· You will have a degree or equivalent, in ecology or environmental science.
· You will have 3 years practical experience in urban nature conservation, including woodland management and managing small scale projects.
· You will have good communication, people skills and be able to manage your own workload efficiently.
· You will have a proactive approach to working on your own or as part of a team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For an informal discussion please contact Alex Fraser, Tree & Nature Conservation Manager on 07967 336343 or apply on our recruitment site
Closing date: 26th September 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.