View Vacancy -- Principal Committee Co-ordinator
About the role
Are you interested in working at the core of the Council and seeing first-hand how key Council policy and regulatory decisions are taken forward?
The Democratic Services and Scrutiny Team have a 6 month fixed contract or secondment opportunity available for someone interested in the Committee Co-ordinator role.
This will involve providing support to committees, partnerships and scrutiny panel meetings. You will be working in close contact with the Senior Council Officers and Members.
This is an ideal opportunity for finding out how the council works and developing your CV.
You will provide wide-ranging professional support to high profile Member-level committee meetings and partnership bodies. You will be expected to facilitate the Council’s decision-making structures, supporting both Chairs and Members.
- You will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and IT skills. Our ideal candidate should possess excellent attention to detail and be able to produce clear, concise minutes and reports working within our corporate deadlines.
- You will be based in Wood Green, and the role will involve regular attendance at evening meetings, for which time off is given or overtime payable.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and have good knowledge of local government and its political structures, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd May 2019
- Good knowledge of local government and new proposals, initiatives and legislation affecting it.
- Understanding of local democratic decision-making processes, governance arrangements, the roles of elected Members and the Executive and Scrutiny function.
- Knowledge and awareness of the needs of a diverse range of service users
- Ability to represent the Council effectively in meetings and in public and to promote and uphold the work of the teams, in a wide range of situations, and to deal with Members, lobbyists, protagonists and the media.
This opportunity is closed to applications.