View Vacancy -- Housing Strategy & Commissioning Officer
Haringey is a key part of London’s future - a destination in its own right, as well as being close to the centre of the world’s most exciting city.
Haringey Council is embarking on a new era of council house building; providing residents with real choice and opportunity. The Housing Strategy and Commissioning service is at the heart of delivering this vision for Haringey – driving the supply of new homes and improving the quality and management of existing homes.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed person to join this rapidly growing team to be the policy lead for housing delivery. Ideally a person with some understanding of housing supply issues and strong drafting skills, but most importantly a person with enthusiasm and a commitment to delivering the best possible housing for Haringey’s residents. This role will:
- Work with the Housing Delivery Team to maximise affordable housing through housing and planning policies.
- Ensure that the new homes that are delivered meet the commitments to Haringey residents in existing policies and strategies.
- Assist in the creation of sophisticated development policies.
- Work with external partners and other Council services to increase the supply of homes overall and, in particular, affordable homes.
- Ensure effective engagement and consultation, in particular with Haringey residents.
Based in Wood Green, N22, close to shops, restaurants and local amenities.
1 minute walk from Wood Green underground station on the Piccadilly Line, 15 minutes journey from Kings Cross, 8 minutes from Finsbury Park, 21 minutes from Covent Garden.
15 minute walk from Alexandra Palace national rail station, with connections to the north, as well as regular services to central London.
For more information see the job descriptions and person specifications or contact Alan Benson, Head of Housing email@example.com or follow the below link:
Closing Date: Monday 13th May 2019
This opportunity is closed to applications.