View Vacancy -- Policy & Equalities Team Manager
About the role
We are looking for an experienced policy-maker and creative thinker to lead our dynamic, ambitious Policy Team, to help us to develop the new policy and strategy which will help us to deliver our new Borough Plan.
The Policy Team is at the heart of the Council and offers the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex and high profile issues and to make a contribution to some of the most pressing policy challenges facing the Borough. In particular, you will play a lead role in developing new policy and strategy needed to deliver the new Borough Plan. You will design and lead engagement with the Cabinet, officers and our diverse range of partners and stakeholders to develop new approaches which allow us to deliver improved outcomes across the Borough.
- You will need to be a confident, empowering manager. You will need to be a strategic thinker, who can make links across different service areas, weigh up different sources of evidence and develop practical policy options. You will be adept at getting to grips with new policy areas quickly and be politically astute and sensitive. You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and responding to changing priorities.
- You will need to have excellent analysis and writing skills and be confident in providing advice and challenge to more senior colleagues. You will be skilled at building strong relationships, encouraging co-operation and acting as the link between multiple contacts, both within and outside of the Council.
- Educated to degree-level with experience in public policy and a good grasp of Council operations, you’ll be committed to delivering results through team work and collaboration. You will be highly organised, and able to juggle competing demands under pressure.
Closing Date: Sunday 12th May 2019
- Educated to Degree Level
- Project Management qualification
- Able to stay abreast of new developments, tools and techniques relevant to the function and the capability to communicate and deploy these is an appropriate, effective way.
Please refer to attached Job Description for further essential criteria for this post.
This opportunity is closed to applications.